Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. Hebrews 9:28
What is the Gospel?
The Gospel simply means good news — the good news of Jesus Christ redeeming us from the depth of depravity and into God’s great grace. We can understand the gravity of this good news by contemplating the basic story of the Bible.
God is holy; God created man holy. God and man had a perfect relationship. When man rebelled against God, choosing himself over complete trust and dependence on God, communion was lost and relationship was broken. God however, in his great love for his people, sent his Son Jesus to bring us out of separation and into relationship. Since the penalty of sin is death (Romans 6:23), Jesus came in human form to live the life we never could, die the death we deserved, and raise to life to show us the way home. (Hebrews 2:14) (Romans 4:25) (Isaiah 52)
Scripture is clear; there is only one way back to the Father, through belief in the one mediator Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 2:5). There is nothing we can do to earn Salvation for ourselves—it is not by man’s merit but by God’s mercy that we are reconciled back to God. (Ephesians 2:8)
We must never disavow or reduce the weight of this truth—it is only by grace through faith that we are saved and is nothing we can do for ourselves. As in the words of Isaiah 53:1, “Who has believed this message? To whom has the arm of the Lord reached?” What we could not do for ourselves, God has sovereignly and graciously done for us. Now, if we will declare with our mouths, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead, we will be forgiven of our sins, and receive eternal Salvation. (Romans 10:9)
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, and the evidence of that unity being shown by how we love one another.
Take the next step with growth track. Let us help you become a fully-devoted follower of Jesus Christ. From the initial decision to find out more about the vision of Church212°, to a fulfilling leadership role on our team, we will provide you with a path to experience growth and fulfillment.
Church212° has established 8 key values to help guide us in the development of our ministries:
- We value authentic worship and prayer.
- We value the Word of God.
- We value people of all ages, race, and ethnic backgrounds.
- We value integrity and transparency.
- We value godly relationships.
- We value the sanctity of the marriage covenant.
- We value spiritual legacy.
- We value excellence in service.